#1 You have just been called by +442039662940 and would like to know who it was
In addition to reading the information posted by other users at tellows, we recommend trying telephone directories as some companies or people may have provided their information to public listing. But as we know, it’s not in all cases. Since the information provided on telephone directories can vary, it is always advised to use multiple resources to gain accurate results.
If the phone number is listed in one of these directories, there is a real chance of this number belonging to a serious entity.
If you know any information regarding the caller’s company, you can search for the company’s information on this website. The website gives you information whether the number that called you belongs to the mentioned company and if the company truly exists.
Search on Yell
118118 offers a telephone directory where you can search phone numbers of any company in the UK. Using the advanced search, all you have to do is insert the phone number and see if the number is from a certain company or service in the UK.
Search on 118118
If you still have not found any information regarding the phone number +442039662940 and if there are still no comments or ratings posted by other tellows users, then you can be the first to contribute by rating the number on the page to +442039662940. The information you provide might help other users to know whether this phone number is trustworthy or not.
How can i know if someone offers new information to a phone number?
We offer you a free tellows email instant notification to stay up-to-date as soon as a new comment on this number has been posted. This allows you to communicate and compare with others your experiences with the caller. Learn more on email feature on the tellows blog.
If you would like to share your experience with your friends join us on Facebook. Additionally, once a phone number is rated with a tellows score of 8 or higher, thus highly untrustworthy, you may utilise the Facebook’s share option in our warning box to warn your friends against a dangerous number.
#2 You are often harassed by unknown numbers or annoying calls
"Since having the tellows app, the number of useless calls has basically dropped down to zero"
- with tellows you will be able to see easily and instantly the caller’s authenticity
- thanks to the large community at tellows, you’re always up to date with experiences that have come directly from other users themselves
- tellows is there to identify unknown numbers and even block unwanted calls for your mobile and your landline
|Apps for Caller ID & Block available for Android and iOS||Access our database for blacklisting callers on your own devices||call blocker devices for landline|
|4.5 out of 5 Stars – over 800 User-Reviews||
get your own API-Key or download CSV-Data for phone-systems (e.g. Asterisk)
||Block calls directly – Gain security for your home
|Click here for more Information.||Please visit our shop to get access to the tellows data.||more information about Call Blockers|
#3 You want to know how you can defend yourself against unwanted calls
tellows has gained years of expert experience with unwanted calls so that we can inform you of your rights.
|> 30.000 Downloads|
|The free tellows magazine contains background information and legal aspects of phone advertising|
- The free tellows magazine contains background information and legal aspects of phone advertising
- Gain up to date news related to trending scams, general phone protection knowledge and regulation developments through our tellows blog
- Protect yourself and your loved ones – especially the vulnerable
"It really surprised me how many different scams exist for both landlines and mobiles. Luckily, there are also people who are on the side of consumers. Thank you tellows for the educative and revealing magazine!"
#4 You don’t know what to do?
- Can you verify that the caller is who they say they are? Do they have a reason or a right to have your details? You should always question why a caller requires your details when they are the one who has called YOU
- If you are in any doubt about the caller’s identity, don’t be afraid to end the call. In this case it is very easy for you to call back using the official phone number given on the company website. This way, you can know for sure that you are speaking to someone genuine before telling them your personal details
- If a caller tells you that you have won a prize but they need personal or bank details for you to receive it, be immediately suspicious. More than likely this is a scam
- With your details, criminals can not only commit fraud but also a whole host of other crimes. If you think you have been scammed in such a way, you should inform the police
If the caller wants you to transfer money
- Can you trust the caller? If you yourself transfer money out of your account, it is very difficult for you to get it back again
- If you have even the slightest doubt, do not trust the caller
- If the call is about debt collection or a bill to pay, you should ask the caller to give you information by post or other means. This way, you can be certain that the caller is genuine before you hand over your money
- If a caller informs you that your laptop is broken or that there is a warrant out for your arrest or similar, it is very likely that this is a scam. Do not under any circumstances transfer money or continue the call. You should warn others, especially the elderly, about dangerous and clever scams such as these.
Should I call them back?
- If the phone rung for only a short amount of time before the call ended, this is not a good idea. Scammers often use this method to entice you to call a foreign number and therefore be charged extortionate fees. The same rule applies to robocalls where you are asked to ‘press 1’
- If an unknown caller has called and left no message, there is also usually no need to call them back. This is at your discretion, of course, but if someone really needed to speak to you then they would call you again another time.
If the caller claims to be the police, a lawyer or another official
- Be aware that this is a common type of scam, and that it is unlikely that the caller is who they claim to be
- Ask yourself: have you done anything that would warrant such a call? The police would never contact you by phone if there was a warrant out for your arrest
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions in order to confirm the identity of the caller
- If you have any doubt over a caller’s identity, explain that you do not believe that they are who they claim to be and end the call immediately
In all of these situations, it is important to remember that you can always end the call. If you ever feel threatened by a caller do not hesitate to terminate the call and maybe even tell the police. The tellows magazine contains heaps of expert information and guidance about scams and scam callers. Why not give it a read?
It is always helpful to share information with friends and family about dangerous and spam callers – our online platform allows you to share information which can help others avoid being scammed.
Most importantly, if you fall victim to a scam, you should inform the police as soon as possible and contact your bank if you revealed any bank information.
#5 Benefit even more as a member of the tellows community
Advantages of becoming a registered user
- Your comments cannot be deleted without consultation and you can edit your comments at any time
- No more captcha when rating a number and increase your tellows Karma when your comments are considered helpful
- Create personal blacklists – and sync these across your devices
- Receive a month’s free trial of the premium version of the tellows Android app
- A vital part of the tellows website is our blog. In over 5 languages, articles are posted regularly discussing the latest scam techniques and advice on how to protect yourself from them
- The tellows magazine is an unbeatable guide which includes all necessary information and tips about unknown callers. You can download this useful resource for free from our website
- We have an active Facebook page, which you can like and follow to receive the latest updates on scam callers
- You can also chat with us on Twitter and follow us on Instagram to hear about our latest company developments